100 Word Challenge Week 14, December 10

This week our blog topic is a special climate change prompt. Our responses are part of a project from a university to see how kids feel about what is going on in the world (COOL!) Choose one of these questions to write about!

Make sure you create your best piece. focus on your ideas and details, description, and order (content and ideas, organization, word choice, voice, sentence fluency, and conventions)

This is the last week of the Climate Change Challenge. Use this video to help you.

Imagine you are being filmed. What do you want to say to people about why climate change is important, or what people should do about climate change.

19 thoughts on “100 Word Challenge Week 14, December 10

1. Zoe 100WC Week 14

We need to start walking instead of driving! This will help out our environment and you get an exercise out of it. For example if you need something from the store just walk! You will help so much, I have done this many times, trust me you feel so much better about yourself and you got what you needed. And if you are bored, just go on a walk! My mom and I have done this many times, if you have a dog take him/her! This will help our environment so much, please just do it!

1. Hello Zoe,
      You have made a good point. As little an action as walking to the store rather than driving can help the environment. Well done.
      Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)
      Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

2. Maddy 100 WC Wek 14
    If I was filmed about climate change I would say that you need to clean your planet by picking up the trash and telling people to not litter . Try to get rid of the pollution because pollution is bad because the pollution can affect our air the pollution can infect us And the pollution Can infect The animals and our water turn unhealthy. It will have chemicals in it and the pollution can kill our plants. you can get rid of the pollution by cars and thrown away trash.

3. Addie 100wc week 14
    You have to do something about climate change. I know you can’t do a lot but you have to try. Now do all of the things you can don’t just sit there and do nothing. For starters you can use wind or solar and protect stuff and use better stuff. Now you should do something now and do it now, not in the future. What are you doing to the world and do something NOW. Now what you want for and do it, don’t be afraid to do something and do it now. So go be the world changer!

4. Arienne 100 wc Week 14
    What would I say to people why climate change is important? Well climate change is a part of our life. It helps us use some of the things we use in our everyday life. What would I say to people to do something about climate change? Make your voice heard by those in power, Eat less meat and dairy, Leave the car at home,Cut back on flying,Reduce your energy use, and bills,Respect and protect green spaces, Invest your money responsibly,Cut consumption – and waste. So this is what I would say. What would you say if you were being asked to say something about climate change?

5. Elijah 100WC Week 14
    Use solar powered objects and protect our oceans. There in a place on the internet called teamseas.org. And for how much money you donate one pound of trash will be removed from the ocean to make the ocean better. You can also plant trees because every day trees
    get chopped down, you can help. You can stop wasting water by taking showers instead of baths. You can stop littering and if you see someone litter tell them to pick it up. Climate change is really bad but you can help in many ways so stop littering and help.

6. Peyton.M, 100 WC, Week 14, 2021__
    Climate Change is a serious Problem we all have to face and it affects us all too. Nobody even acknowledges it and that makes the problem bigger. But you can help by going outside and pick up litter, do not waste water, and use less energy. You can also help by getting a electric car or walk or bike to more places. Because of climate change places like Hawaii has a foot of snow and Colorado is as dry as a bone. Also because of climate change The Icecaps and Antarctica and the Artic are melting.

7. Brady 100WC Week 14
    If I was being filmed about climate change I’ll talk about how we should ride our bikes more because cars make our Earth more sick when the cars use gas then the gases from inside will fill our Earth with bad gases. If our planet did turn to people riding their bikes our Earth would be much more healthy than it was right now. Then our earth would not be as hot. Our earth would be much better if we filtered the cars so then the gases would be filtered.

8. Brenda 100wc week 14
    If I was on camera I will say ‘’climate change can help are community because animals need different weather because you never know what kind of temperature they need.We need temperature too because we need rain,snow,sun,and fall .The other Animals can come in each topic and it is really good that the other animals come too. Then we can have fun during each topic and each day. To be happy that the animals that are still alive because of the type of climate . That is what I will say if I’m on camera.

9. Anaya 100WC Week14
    If I was to be filmed I would tell the people that climate change is something that is not always good or bad . Climate change could be something, like a huge fire in the middle of nowhere, or water overflowing from the beach. Some examples of climate change are oil leak, ice caps melting, earthquakes, hurricanes, lack of water, dry land, wet land, over heating, pollution, water pollution, air pollution, land pollution. Climate can also affect people and animals. People and animals can lose their homes, familys, food, water, and lives due to climate change affecting them.

10. Jacob 100wc #14

What I would tell people that we need to help make sure to keep the planet good and if you can use windows for solar power power, cars, phones, and no electricity and try to make the world a better place. In Hawaii they had 12 inches of snow and it’s all because of one thing called the climate change and they got the snow before us and that’s weird because they always got the snow after us and they got it before us.

11. Logan 100 wc week 14
    I have been you before watching the videos about climate change and never really got convinced until now when I see the earth dying. from us so can just put your feet in animals shoes and see what happening to them when in their homes. just chilling and we come along and we get rid of all the habitats. so please do something here are some ideas. get an electric car , solar panels, ride a bicycle, walk ,ano help d plant trees. Do something for the planet, do something now or it might be too late for a change the earth.

12. Zephiah 100WC Week 14
    Hey, climate change needs to stop.
    Hawaii got 12 inches of snow before Colorado and that’s just crazy to me. What’s causing climate change is Human activity is the main cause of climate change. People burn fossil fuels and convert land from forests to agriculture. The world isn’t the same cause of climate change. One way we can stop climate change is we use hybrid or electric cars to prevent the cause of climate change. Climate change is making the world go from nice looking growing plants,trees to well the opposite. Change climate change . Soon the earth is gonna look grey and lame.

1. I really like the way your piece of writing feels, Zephiah. It is just like you are talking to me. I also like the way you focus on how the world looks as a result of climate change, particularly the way you contrast growing plants and trees with the world looking grey and lame. That is very powerful, as is the stock of Hawaii getting snow before Colorado.

13. Damian 100 Word Challenge Week 14
    Drive less! You’re hurting the environment! Stop polluting, stop burning fossil fuels. It’s heating up the planet! It’s melting ice caps, causing sea levels to rise! Imagine the world as it is now, but with almost no cities and 60% of people drowning and dead! Temperatures will continue to grow until it is too hot to live on our planet! Please help us pick up trash and stop ruining the environment. If you do so, it will save our world and live a better life! We may live for an extra billion years by doing so! Thanks for helping!

14. Gracie 100WC Week14
    I will say climate change is not always good or bad, it is not like a huge fire in the middle of nowhere, or water overflowing from the beach.Climate can also affect people and animals. People and animals can lose their homes, familys, food, water, and lives due to climate change affecting them.

15. Bailey
    100 wc

What I would say is that we need to stop polluting the air with things that use gas like fireplaces and cars. We need more electric cars and less fuel powered cars. We also need more electric scooters and lawn mowers because then that will help to stop polluting the air. That will also lead to stopping pollution and will help the air because all the gas in the air can be bad to breath in because it can hurt your lungs and if you inhale it could get to your other lung and then you could stop breathing.

1. Hello Bailey,
      I can see you were thinking of ways to help the environment when you suggested what you might say. Electric cars and scooters rather than petroleum fuelled cars would certainly help the environment. Well done.
      Ross Mannell (Team 100WC)
      Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

16. Phuri 100 WC Week14
    Hi my name is Phuri I know how much pollution is in the air.I think that if we make more electric cars we won’t have a lot of pollution in the air so we don’t die.Dusty and we have to not use a lot of water because if we do we will not have any water really will die.and if we don’t have changed will never have different building from never have anything different will just have everything same. have change every single day that would be okay but not very good.and that’s what I think if you asked me on a video.