Stargirl

5-18

You have finished “Stargirl”. Now review the book. In your review include what you liked, didn’t like, what you thought was the most important event, what kind of readers would you recommend this to, and finally rate the book 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest) and explain why. Use quality writing with conventions, make sure to elaborate, revise your work and submit your best response!

4-8

The last sentence you read was…  But because of what followed, no audience would ever see it.           What do you think happened? Explain your thinking in a quality response with information from the book and your own thinking.

4-1

You are just starting to read Stargirl. What do you think will be the highest point in the book (the climax)? This is an inference. Explain your thinking. It will be interesting to see how your inferences work out.

11 thoughts on “Stargirl

1. Logan Stargirl I am just starting to read Stargirl and I think that stair girl will date Jeff and that will be the big point in the book. The text says that she grinned Mischievous. She Tugged on my ear lobe and said he’s cute. This shows why Jeff and stargirl will start dating.

2. I think that the main climax to Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli will be, the two best friends will end up becoming friends with the new student, Stargirl. I think that they will go on adventures and find out new things about people and the school.

3. Peyton.M Stargirl Blog: 1
    I think that the climax of the story is that something is going to happen in between Stargirl and Leo probably because Stargirl said Leo is cute after she sang and as it said Leos face was burning on page 28 and Leo is super interested so probably a date will happen and will be the climax of the story.

4. I think the climax of Stargirl is going to be that everybody likes Stargirl and she will do crazy stuff too. Because she joined the cheerleading team she will get a friend but she might get a friend
    because she dose weird things. But Kevin’s friend might be her friend too because Stargirl said he is cute.

5. Peyton.M, Stargirl Blog 2___ I think that the because the last sentence was (but because of what followed no audience would ever see it) I think that something bad might happen. I think that the video camera might break because one of the questioners would get completely freaked out by cinnamon and fall backwards or hit the camera on accident or Stargirl will leave the room.

6. Logan That probably means something happened when they were shooting the show hot seat when the jury started to talk or the show wasn’t posted because Leo had a bad feeling about it. this is what i think the quote
    means

7. i think the climax of stargirl is how she went from a new kid to a super strong girl .she got a lot joy by joining the after school tryouts chearleading and she was one of the coolist chearleaders

8. Addie
    In the last sentence, because of what followed, no audience would ever see it. I think what happened is the audience would never see it because they did not record it.

9. Zoe – Stargirl Novels
    The book “Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli” was a very interesting/fun book to read. I really liked how Stargirl wasn’t afraid to show her true self, and she wouldn’t change just because other people wanted her to. I didn’t like how Leo kept changing his mind on what he thought about Stargirl. Like in one chapter he hated her and wished he had never met her or dated her, and then in the next chapter he loved her because of something that she did that changed his point of view of her. I thought that the most important event was when Leo found out that Stargirl was a secret spy and that she knew everyone’s birthday, and had files of every person in her high school. I thought this was the most important event. I would recommend this book from ages 9-12 because it has many pages and I think that it would be the perfect reading level for these ages. Last but not least I would rate this book a ⅘ I would just change a few scenes that happened like everyone all of a sudden liking Stargirl at the ball because of something that she did. Over all this was an amazing book and I would definitely read it again.

10. What I think was the climax of the story was when we found out stargirl was like a spy with all of her files on every one in the school. The text says that “I replaced my folder and I saw other names like kevin, Dori dilson, Mr.Mcshane ” and a lot more people. What I like is how the climax was not till the end of the book because it kept me wondering the whole time what I didn’t like was how the author didn’t give us more detail about her being a spy. What I rate this book is a 4 out of 5 because it did a great job on everything with how they had so many cliffhangers and how the book really got tied together. I think people nine plus should read this book because it has some hard words in it llik “excommunicated”,” facetiously”, “and zeal”. That’s why I think this book is for nine plus. I think the kind of people who would like this book are people who like sudden change and who like a little drama.

11. Addie
    (Stargirl by Jerry Splnelli) Stargirl was a good book.The part that I did not like was when Stargirl got washed away at the enchantment place because it was just weird .The climax was when Archie told Leo the truth about Stargirl that she was a star. I would recommend this book to readers who like mystery because Stargirl is a mystery. I would rate this 5 because It was a really good book they want on a lot of adventure and do a lot of everything too.